- Free Shipping; International Shipping Available (Learn More)
- Estimated between Wed. Nov. 2 and Tue. Nov. 8 (Learn More)
- Return Policy:
- Returnable for 30 days; customer pays shipping (Learn More)
- A 1-year manufacturer's warranty is provided on furniture only. No warranty is provided for lighting, nautical, flight, museum, globe, or children's products.
If you have specific questions about this product’s guarantee, please contact our Customer Service department.
30 Minute Hourglass on Stand
Collectable because of their combined historical
and practical value. Some glasses measured up to two hours, used at
a time when church pews were designed by the Inquisition to torture
the human back. Ship's hourglasses were calibrated to the half
hours of the ship's watch, and if the helmsman didn't turn the
glass too early it actually doubled in defining longitude.
Navigators tried to keep count of the hours; the galleons wrecked
on the Western Australian reefs remind us of the perils of
incorrectly kept time. To appreciate the important symbolism of the
hourglass observe, Renaissance painted still lives, also called
Vanitas, filled with symbolism and morals. They very often depict
- Made of Brass, Glass, and Wood
- Brown, Bronze, and Ivory Finish
- 7.3 in. W x 5.1 in. D x 10 in. H
- Bronze • Brown
- Glass • Metal • Wood
- Manufacturer SKU
Need more information?
Our staff are available to answer any questions you may have about this item.