- Free Shipping (Learn More)
- Estimated between Wed. Aug. 22 and Tue. Aug. 28 (Learn More)
- Return Policy:
- Returnable for 30 days; customer pays shipping (Learn More)
- A 1-year manufacturer's warranty is provided on furniture only. No warranty is provided for lighting, nautical, flight, museum, globe, or children's products.
If you have specific questions about this product’s guarantee, please contact our Customer Service department.
Everything is right about this cabinet that will
be the king of the library, living room or classic office
- Sliding door
- Large and small drawers
- Pull out shelves
- Solid, heavy, campaign pulls
- Elegant crown molding and base
- 48.25 in. W x 21.25 in. D x 81 in. H (298 lbs.)
Kunstkammers are on display at the Nazional Museum in Munich and
several other major European museums in the region. Measuring in
size from diminutive cabinets with just a few drawers to cabinets
that fill entire rooms, they date from the Renaissance to the Age
of Enlightenment. Every noble, titled, moneyed or learned gentleman
of the day was an assumed collector of unique and unusual objects.
This culturally collective behavior was a favored topic of
conversation. Individuals, as well as complete expeditions, were
fitted out and sent to remote corners of the globe to collect. Old
books were hoarded as well as shells, skulls, ivories, minerals,
classical art creations and historical artifacts. A prepared
crocodile was a highly desired specimen that might hang from the
library ceiling. Our Kunstkammer Cabinet is multi-functional.
Modern collectors don't send out expeditions, preferring to travel
and collect the exotica from faraway lands themselves. They want a
cabinet that not only stores, but displays, and appeals in its own
Need more information?
Our staff are available to answer any questions you may have about this item.