- FREE Standard Shipping as a Small Parcel (Learn More)
- Estimated between Wed. Dec. 3 and Tue. Dec. 9 (Learn More)
- Return Policy:
- Returnable for 30 days; customer pays shipping (Learn More)
- A 7-year warranty against manufacturer's defects is provided.
If you have specific questions about this product’s guarantee, please contact our Customer Service department.
RL850 RoboMower in Green
- Includes hardware improvements, weather protection improvements
and gear train improvements
- Easy to move
- Stores water
- Rechargeble battery
- Perimeter switch
- Robomover moves in criss cross pattern
- Suitable for lawns upto 10,800 sq. ft.
- Power management system
- Wire using special sensor
- Integral manual controller
- Made from nylon
- Minimal assembly required
- 35 in. L x 35 in. W x 12.50 in. H
The RL850 is the new RL series Robomow® for 2006. The RL850
offers an upgraded software version for 2006. How does it work?
RoboMower requires a one time simple set-up, which can be easily
done by the consumer himself. A standard electric wire is laid
around the outer edges of the lawn and attached to the surface of
the lawn with pegs every few feet. The wire is connected to a small
battery powered current source called the perimeter switch.
Typically the wire will be covered by grass and become unoticeable
in a matter of 2-3 weeks. RoboMower recognizes the wire using a
special sensor and makes sure it always stays inside. RoboMower is
operated by pressing the green button on the unit. It travels on
the lawn in a systematic criss-cross pattern covering the lawn
several times from side to side to ensure that the entire yard is
covered and the grass is cut from several angles. RoboMower is
provided with an integral manual controller that is used to drive
the unit from the storage area to the lawn before operation and
back to storage after operation. The manual controller also allows
the user to use RoboMower as a manual mower in order to cut areas
of the grass that could not be reached in the automatic operation
if necessary. While in storage, the unit is connected to a charger
in order to recharge the battery. Recharging typically takes 24
hours, so the RoboMower is ready to run the next day. Typically,
however, customers run the unit as often as they used to cut their
grass with a conventional mower, i.e. once or twice per week.
Need more information?
Our staff are available to answer any questions you may have about this item.