An American Icon For Over 90 Years Like the Original Red Wagon that lent the company its name, Radio Flyer has become an American Classic. From humble beginnings, Radio Flyer has been rediscovered with each new generation — creating a legacy of toys that continue to spark the imagination. For over 90 years, millions of children have played with ...Read More
Just What My Grandson Needed! My six year old grandson has Down Syndrone. He had a stroke, before he was born, that has affected his development. He has had a hard time riding a tricycle. He had a 10 inch Radio Flyer Tricycle, but still hadn't gotten the hang of pushing the pedals before he out grew it. I bought him a 12 inch Tricycle, and he is now able to pedal it. Although he walks, the bike skill is very important to help with his rhythm. I had hoped to find a tricycle that played music when he pedals to encourage him, because he is very attuned to music. He now rides with his younger brother. I've always been pleased with Radio Flyer products, and I'm very happy with the bike.
An American Icon For Over 90 Years
Like the Original Red Wagon that lent the company its name, Radio Flyer has become an American Classic. From humble beginnings, Radio Flyer has been rediscovered with each new generation — creating a legacy of toys that continue to spark the imagination.
For over 90 years, millions of children have played with Radio Flyer wagons launching countless voyages of imagination. Their beauty, simplicity, and standards of safety encourage adventure, discovery, and the wonders of childhood.
As the new millennium gains momentum, they're still in the driver’s seat… Creating tomorrow’s innovative products with the same classic quality and sheer sense of play that have been their trademarks from the beginning.
Radio Flyer wagons are truly icons of Americana.
To celebrate their 80th anniversary, they created a monument to the wonder of childhood play. The World's Largest Wagon™ is nine times the size of the Original Little Red Wagon™ that millions of Americans grew up with.
The World's Largest Wagon™ is 27 feet long, 13 feet wide, with wheels 8 feet in diameter. It was inspired by the 45 foot tall "Coaster Boy" model, the Radio Flyer hit of the 1933 World's Fair. World's Largest Wagon™ Facts:
* The wagon body is 27 feet long and 13 feet wide.
* Fully assembled, the height to the top of the handle is 27 feet.
* The overall weight of the wagon is 15,000 pounds.
* The wheels, manufactured by Bridgestone/Firestone, measure 8 feet in diameter and weigh 1,000 pounds each.
* Six tons of steel were used to construct the wagon.
* 100 gallons of secret formula Radio Flyer Red paint were used to paint the wagon.
* More than 75 children can ride comfortably in the wagon.
* With a 4,000 - gallon capacity, the World's Largest Wagon™ would also make the world's largest lemonade stand!