- Free Shipping (Learn More)
- Estimated between Fri. Dec. 11 and Thu. Dec. 17 (Learn More)
- Return Policy:
- Not Returnable: all sales are final (Learn More)
- If you have specific questions about this product’s guarantee, please contact our Customer Service department.
"Government House" Print
- Artist: W.J. Condit
- Year: 1797
- Themes: Americana
- Art Styles: Vintage Art
- Horizontal Landscape Orientation
- Art Type: Fine art print, canvas, framed wall art, giclee print
- Country of Origin: USA
- All canvases ship ready to hang on 3/4 in. wood stretchers (2
in. for Heavy Duty), with the exception of unstretched canvas
This edifice was erected in 1790 at the foot of Broad Way facing
the Bowling Green. It was originally designed for the residence of
General Washington (then President of the United States) but the
Capitol being removed he never occupied it. It them became the
Governor's house and was the residence of Governors George Clinton
and John Jay. The building was subsequently used for the customs
house from 1799 until 185 when it was taken down.
Need more information?
Our staff are available to answer any questions you may have about this item.