Lakeland Mills was founded in 1923 in Holly, Michigan. Lakeland Mills was purchased by three long time employees in 1991. In the summer of 1996 the company moved into a new manufacturing plant in Edmore Michigan. The new 113,000 square foot plant was necessary to keep up with the rapid growth under the current ownership. There are many reasons for Lakeland’s success:First, we have many dedicated long-term employees.
Steady, planned growth with goals met year after year, have afforded credibility with lenders and customers.
Consistent quality products and yearly innovations have enabled us to gain positive recognition in the marketplace.
Our plant employs are many second and third generation employees who pride themselves in producing high quality products at the lowest possible cost.
Over the years we have worked to improve, redesign, and develop our styles to the point that we are confident each season that we are offering the most sought after styles. Shipments deliver in heavy-duty cardboard cartons, which is essential to perfect delivery conditions. Satisfaction is guaranteed. Our extraordinary customer service is the backbone of this guarantee. A real live person is available more than 40 hours per week to ship replacement parts, answer questions, receive feed back, poll customers’ opinions, and to walk them through assembly, if needed. This daily consumer contact has given us the edge in understanding what gardeners want.
Lakeland Mills is located in Michigan’s heartland village of Edmore. Through contact with our customers we have gained an understanding of what consumers want in garden and furniture items.